Sun, Jul 17|
Skyview Work/Dance Party
Come up to the new property and help us get some work projects done. We will dance, and swim, play, and eat together too!
Time & Location
Jul 17, 12:30 PM – 7:00 PM
Skyview, Skyview Rd, California 95006, USA
About the event
Let's get some projects done and have a blast while doing it. Add your sweat, muscle, smiles, creativity, and skills to the land as we host three Work/Dance parties in July. Space is limited to 40 people at each one so you must RSVP!
Here's the basic schedule:
12:30-1pm Arrival window
1-1:30pm Meet to create teams and delegate tasks
1:30- 4:30pm Work on and love up the land
4:30-6pm Dance and swim
6-7pm Potluck (veg/vegan items only please with gf options)
7-7:30 Gratitudes and Goodbyes
Bring your rakes, shears, pruners/loppers, gloves, shovels, picks, chain saws, weed whackers, machetes, etc. if you have them. We have some and there'll be extra to share from what everyone shows up with. If you don't have any of the above no worries...just try and bring some gloves if you can!
Also bring sun protection, water, a towel if you want to swim, and a potluck item to share if you want to join that part of things.
There is cell reception once you get to the property as it's on a ridgetop. No wifi, however.
** NOTE the private road up to the property is a combination of dirt and pavement. It is easily traversible by all vehicles except the last mile. An all wheel drive or 4-wheel drive is preferred, but not necessary. I drive my 2-wheel drive minivan and do just fine. A mini cooper has made it...with care at the bumpy parts. Drive slowly and watch for oncoming vehicles at all times as it is single lane in many places.
The property is on Skyview Road above Boulder Creek. There are no street addresses but here are the details.
Head to gps 37°11'12.4"N 122°05'29.8"W
Google and Apple maps show the route adequately, though street names may not be correct. Here is a summary, including some local commentary:
• From Boulder Creek, head up Bear Creek Road 4.5mi to left on Deer Creek Road
• 2.1 mi to left on Ramble Road (extremely sharp left)
◦ This is about 1/3 mile past the THIRD BRIDGE
◦ Ramble is not signed, but it is a paved left, extremely sharp and steep
• 1.6 mi up Ramble (and I do mean up)
◦ First half is paved; rougher road after the halfway point
◦ You don’t need to go through any closed gates, just stay on the main road
• Left on Skyview, at the top; there’s a sign and the bullet car is un-missable
◦ Road follows the ridge 0.2 miles
◦ After a steep short downhill are 2 driveways next to each other on the right
◦ The first is blocked off with some green netting
◦ The 2nd is marked by a cone. Turn in here.
◦ Stay to the left. The yurt is about 50 yards in and up.