Sun, Oct 09|
Skyview Work/Dance Party
Come up to the new property and help us get some work projects done. We will dance, and swim, play, and eat together too!
Time & Location
Oct 09, 10:30 AM – 5:30 PM
Skyview, Skyview Rd, California 95006, USA
About the event
Let's get some projects done and have a blast while doing it. Add your sweat, muscle, smiles, creativity, and skills to the land as we host two Work/Dance parties this Fall. Please RSVP if possible!
Here's the basic schedule:
10:30-11:00am Arrival Window
11:00-1:00pm Create teams and get to work
1:00-1:30pm Snack/Lunch Break
2:00-4:30pm Work on and love up the land some more
4:30-5:00pm Pond swim or just unwind and hang out on the "beach"
5:00-6:00pm Potluck (veg/vegan items only please with gf options)
6:00-7:00pm Sunset dance (if we're feelin' it!)
7:00-7:30pm Gratitudes and Goodbyes
Bring your rakes, shears, pruners/loppers, gloves, shovels, picks, chain saws, weed whackers, machetes, etc. if you have them. We have some and there'll be extra to share from what everyone shows up with. If you don't have any of the above no worries...just try and bring some gloves if you can!
Also bring sun protection, water, a towel if you want to swim, and a potluck item to share if you want to join that part of things.
There is cell reception once you get to the property as it's on a ridgetop. No wifi, however.
The simplest thing that seems to work best is to enter these GPS coordinates on your phone or nav device:
Look for an orange cone with a welcome sign on it, turn right into that driveway and follow it up to our yurt.
If you don't want to or can't do that then read all these directions below!
** NOTE the private road up to the property is a combination of dirt and pavement. It is easily traversible by all vehicles except the last mile. An all wheel drive or 4-wheel drive is preferred, but not necessary. I drive my 2-wheel drive minivan and do just fine. Mini coopers, Prius, and other low to the ground vehicles all have made it. Simply drive slowly and watch for oncoming vehicles as it is single lane in many places.
The property is on Skyview Road above Boulder Creek. There are no street addresses but you can still use your phone for directions. Apple maps is the only accurate one though! Simply ask for directions to "Skyview Rd, California 95006" and it will take you all the way to the bullet car. Just go left at that point instead of right and then follow the last part of the directions I'm providing below. You can also enter the GPS coordinates 37°11'12.4"N 122°05'29.8"W and that gets you pretty much right to our property. Note that if you try Google for directions it will miss a very key hard left turn off Deer Creek Road onto Ramble Road so be super mindful and use the written directions to help in that section!
Here are the written out directions given to me by the former property owners, including some local commentary:
• From Boulder Creek, head up Bear Creek Road 4.5mi to left on Deer Creek Road
• 2.1 mi to left on Ramble Road (extremely sharp left)
◦ This is about 1/3 mile past the THIRD BRIDGE
◦ Ramble is not signed, but it is a paved left, extremely sharp and steep
• 1.6 mi up Ramble (and I do mean up)
◦ First half is paved; rougher road after the halfway point
◦ You don’t need to go through any closed gates, just stay on the main road
• Left on Skyview, at the top; there’s a sign and the bullet car is un-missable
◦ Don't go up the part with all the red reflectors
◦ Road follows the ridge 0.2 miles
◦ After a steep short downhill are 2 driveways next to each other on the right
◦ The first is blocked off with some green netting
◦ The 2nd is marked by a cone. Turn in here.
◦ Stay to the left. The yurt is about 50 yards in and up.