Fri, Dec 02|
Downtemple and Cacao
It's finally here - monthly Downtempo nights at 1010 Center St! These evenings will feature an opening cacao ceremony with ceremonial-grade Guatemalan cacao, a short facilitated embodiment activity, and will transition smoothly into a juicy downtempo set followed by a cozy integration in the space.
Time & Location
Dec 02, 2022, 6:50 PM – 10:20 PM
Santa Cruz, 1010 Center St, Santa Cruz, CA 95060, USA
About the event
DownTemple and Cacao
This month only reserve the FIRST Friday of December in Santa Cruz for your medicinal dose of Downtempo, Cacao, and Community Connection.
- 6:30 - 7 PM: Arrival Window
- 7 - 8 PM: Cacao Ceremony facilitated by Chelsea Amber (please try and arrive on time)
- 8 - 9:30 PM: Downtempo Set (by Presencia)
- 9:30 -10 PM: Closing Circle and Cozy integration
About the Cacao:
Cacao is a delicious, heart-opening medicine stemming from Mayan traditions. Drinking cacao in ceremony where one is invited to connect with the spirit of cacao and invite it into the heartspace can bring profound healing experiences, especially when combined with movement such as dance. Cacao is just one more way to infuse Love into your dance!
The cacao we will drink comes from Alta-Verapaz, Guatemala and was processed in Lago Atítlan, Guatemala by a collective of women indigenous to Lago Atítlan. This ceremonial-grade cacao, 'Ruk'u'xUlew', means 'heart of the earth' in Kaqchikel, one indigenous language of Lago Atítlan. We will collectively gather in ceremony to serve and bless the cacao before we drink! To learn more about Ruk'u'xUlew Cacao, click here.
- Hosts and creators: Chelsea Amber, Bryan Callahan, and Daniel Mollner
- $26 presale/$33 at the door
- Ages 18 and up with the exception of mindful teens
- This is a recreational drug and alcohol-free space.
- Come as you are
Cacao and Dance
This ticket is full event entry including an individual serving of ceremonial grade, premium Guatemalan Cacao. If you wish to participate in the cacao ceremony, please arrive no later than 7:15 PM. Blessings.